Digital Roads completed its first Digital Signage project back in 2000 for an Architect’s office lobby. Since that time the company has successfully completed numerous projects for:
- Education – K-12 and Higher Education
- Corporate Offices
Consulting projects have focused on project development for new initiatives as well as return on investment analysis for existing systems. Enterprise level signage systems are one of the most complicated and multi-discipline areas of professional AV integration, thus proper planning is essential to success. The complexity of these systems extends far beyond the selection process for hardware and software. Ultimately, any effective communication system must align with the organization’s core business objectives.
Why is a qualified ProAV integrator essential to Digital Signage success?
Demonstrated expertise in the following areas:
- Organizational development to support cross departmental participation
- Marketing and promotional skills to drive creative and dynamic content
- HR skills to identify and capitalize on existing resources
- QA/QI skills for setting measurable objectives that facilitate ROI analysis
- IT savvy to support networked devices in a multi-users interactive environment
- Mobile computing to support interactivity from a variety of personal devices
- Industry knowledge of available hardware and software product performance
- Policy/Procedure development that supports work flow and branding initiatives
No two systems are alike. Every Digital Signage system should reflect the unique goals and objectives of the sponsoring organization. Organizational structure, culture and branding are not an afterthought but rather a driving force behind system design and deployment initiatives. When project planning is done well it serves to simplify the technology selection process. With more than 300 different software packages to choose from, having an expert help you navigate these selections is essential to obtaining best value and performance for your organization.
Sure you can buy signage in a box that promises to simplify this process. There are indeed applications that fit well for these types of packaged systems. However, without proper project development it is impossible to determine proper fit in order to avoid dead end product selections. Often clients will start with this type of package as a way of learning the ropes. Unfortunately, this type of “learn as you go” approach will often results in public embarrassment in the short run and a waste of time and money in the long run.
Digital Roads has a long history of partnering with other USAV Group integrators who share our commitment to top industry installation standards. In addition, these personal relationships with other Digital Signage Integrators from around the country allow us to stay abreast of new technologies as well as their real world performance