Definition: Gartner defines Service Desk as a help desk that is equipped with the resources for resolving service requests and problem calls. It gives the customer service representative or end user the ability to efficiently diagnose, troubleshoot and correct technical-support problems, rather than being a “pass through.”
Digital Roads, Inc. is best known for its outstanding service and support. We maintain a dedicated service department that provides:
- Service Desk – Electronics Engineer to help troubleshoot over the phone
- Service Dispatch – Technical staff person able to schedule on site service and support
- Dedicated Field Service Technician – Service calls and equipment repair
- Bench Technicians – Able to repair electronics to the component level
- Toll Free Emergency Number – After hours, holidays and weekends
Digital Roads service department personnel have open access to the company’s engineering resources as required. We pride ourselves in maintaining advanced technical certifications and certificates of training for the equipment that we sell and support. You can count on getting a qualified technician to address your system problem the first time.
Digital Roads offers three levels of service contracts.
- Premier Plan = Flat Rate Insurance to cover all labor and materials (extension of our 1-year systems warranty
- Priority Plan = Flat Rate Insurance to cover labor only, repairs or replacement parts are billed separately
- Pre-Paid Block of Hours = 40+ service hours offered at a discounted rate based on volume.
The details for coverage and the response times for each of these service offerings can be found in the following PDF document. Custom service offerings are also available upon request. Digital Roads currently maintains several custom service offerings for our healthcare and emergency services clients. We are happy to provide you with a custom support structure based on your individual needs.
Service Offerings – PDF Doc download
A system evaluation is required for all Premier and Priority Plans to assure that systems and or covered components are in proper working order. This evaluation may not be required if the system was installed and maintained by Digital Roads. The evaluation is quoted at a discounted hourly rate and will yield a full report with recommendations. This report is a valuable asset for use in budgeting and the general management of technology regardless if coverage is later selected. Our technician also performs preventative maintenance procedures on the system while doing the evaluation. Knowing what technology you have, how it is functioning now and how long you can expect it to last is valuable information in and of itself.
Our customers appreciate our honesty and integrity when it comes to making recommendation on the best way to cover their assets. Often we will advise our customers not to cover certain components because doing so would disproportionately raise the contract rate on a Premier Plan.
Achieving excellence in service and support is about a partnership with our clients that is based on the shared goals of maximizing system up time and planning for expenditures over time.
Call us for Service/Support
(303) 422-4500 (During Business Hours)
(877) 252-9493 (After Hours, Weekends and Holidays)
Our System Design Engineers have four year engineering degrees in either electronics or electrical engineering. They are further credentialed with industry specific knowledge via (CTS and CTS-D) advanced design certifications through InfoComm International.
Planning and oversight early in the project development process eliminates compatibility, fit and performance issues later. Digital Roads has embraced the construction industry move to BIM (Building Information Management). This construction services software moves planning into a 3D environment. The detailed programming phase of project development is moved forward in the project time line to facilitate early coordination between trades. This modified project process is able to detect construction collisions and compatibility issue while it is still economical to make corrections.
Products selections are still important in line with three evaluation criteria – price, performance and future support/development. Technical products are all commodities although some require more training and staff development than others in order to integrate them successfully. It is because of what we know that our clients continue to reward us with repeat business. Preparing our clients for future technology advances through proper infrastructure and product selections is a primary objective of our sales and engineering departments.
Six Step Project Development Process (Project Development Process PDF)
- Needs Analysis
- System Overview
- Detailed System Development
- Bid Document Development ( If required)
- System Building and Installation
- Post Installation
Digital Roads has factory certified in-house control system programmers. The company has two AMX ACE Certified Programmers and one Crestron Certified programmer. We believe that the user interface is the most critical component of any technical system. It must work reliably and operation must be intuitive for the first time user. We work with our clients to assure that the language and layout of the interface is intuitive and easy to understand and operate. These interfaces can be as simple as a wall mounted hard button panel. The more complex systems become the more instructions are required to operate them effectively. This is when using a touch screen type interface becomes essential for usability. These glass panels can be standard control system touch panels available in a variety of sizes and shapes – either wired or wireless. In addition we are able to utilize an Apple IPad as the user interface. There are several options for mounting the IPad in a charging base or docking station which will also provide security for the device.
Control system programming has been a strength for the company since 1998. It is very common for clients to standardize on our interface design (look and feel) and use the DRI template to update other existing systems so that they all match and provide a consistent user experience. By providing these services in-house we are able to be more flexible and attentive to details. Our one year system warranty includes the custom programming.
Past clients have included several major Universities and large Healthcare Systems. The major cause of failure with these types of networked communication systems is a failure to properly plan. We know the right questions to ask to keep you on track. The introduction of this type of communication technology tends to be an organizational catalyst. A solid understanding of organization dynamics is essential to an effective planning strategy aimed at maximizing positive interdepartmental outcomes.
An effective planning process for Digital Signage will yield the following results:
- Clear and measurable goals and objectives
- Resource Guide that identifies both physical assets and support people
- Structure to support an ROI analysis
- Policy and Procedures for workflow delineation
- Communication guidelines to support brand and culture
- Process to keep Content fresh and relevant
- Hardware Selection
- Software Selection
- Network Connectivity
- Daily Operations
Once you are clear on what you want to accomplish and how you intend to organize the workflow and approval process, the technology choices become a much easier task. Ultimately you will want the simplest and most cost effective system that can meet your requirements today as well as for the future. We have been evaluating software and hardware for these applications for more than 10 years. There is still a lot of smoke and mirrors involved in the software demo. It helps to have an expert who has evaluated hundreds of these types of specialized software packages to help you navigate these waters. In the end, power is only useful if it is usable and functional for you.
Digital Roads employs professionally trained project managers. (Project Management Institute) Every project is transitioned from Sales to Engineering using a formal “kick off meeting”. Projects are then transitioned from Engineering to Installation with another formal review meeting. We understand that our communication procedures have the greatest impact on our consistently high customer satisfaction scores. We support our project managers with strong engineering support and a well trained technical staff.
Training is the most important part of any new system deployment. People need to feel competent and comfortable with new technology in order to use it as the business tool it was intended. Technology is only useful when it works for you.
Digital Roads always evaluates the training needs as part an integral part of the project scope. Training offerings will vary based on the scope and complexity of the system as well as the trainee’s level of responsibility. We will generally offer at least two levels of training. The user group needs to understand what the technology is intended to accomplish and then how to operate it most effectively. A systems administrator who is responsible for ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting will need a deeper dive into the inner workings of the system.
Types of Training Models:
- End User Direct Training – Generally this is used when a system administrator or other advanced user is not available to be the internal expert on the system. Hands on practice time is essential to develop the necessary comfort level to achieve maximum utilization for new technologies. Scope of training is basic to include system functionality, operation and how to access help if necessary.
- Train the Trainer with Mentor Support – large user groups or a need for regular ongoing classes. The scope of training for the “Trainer” is usually more advanced at the level of a System Administrator; however, the user group will still receive instruction on basic functionality and operations. Digital Roads staff attends the user training class to provide support and coaching for the new instructor. Training covers system functionality and daily operations as well as how to access help if necessary.
- Technical System Administrator Training – 1:1 or small group training. This is a higher level training that goes beyond daily operations. This training will review system architecture (drawings), individual component functionality, infrastructure and operational troubleshooting. Regular maintenance and system health check procedures will be developed, documented and reviewed to ensure an acceptable comfort level with technically caring for the system over time.
- Training for existing equipment or systems – New equipment or systems are inherited or the user group changes and training is needed. An evaluation is required to assure the system is functioning properly. Training can then proceed using one of the models listed above.
The advancing migration from analog to digital signal management has introduced some complexity into system design and operations. Most organizations still have existing analog equipment that they want to reuse when at all possible. Bridging this transition to digital will take a few more years as device manufacturers make the upgrades to their products. In the meantime professional integrators need to provide a path for utilizing both
Multiple inputs and outputs allow you to connect your public address, telephone hybrid or recording device. Wired units have quick connect daisy chain cables for easy setup. Microphone units have built-in speakers that mute when the microphone is active. Controller manages the on/off and request to speak feature.
Advanced features include automatic video tracking systems so that the camera follows the audio as microphones are activated. This eliminates the need for a videographer to record important meetings.
Simultaneous Interpretation systems are also available for meeting rental. Systems are easy to use and can accommodate meetings of any size.
Pricing is based on the type of system, added features, number of participants and number of days rented. Please call us to discuss your conference needs. It’s more affordable than you think to provide quality audio for your event!
Digital Roads, Inc. HD Video Conference Room Rental
Digital Roads maintains a large (16 seat) conference room that we rent to the public. There is room for additional chairs in the room so meetings have ranged in size from 25 people to a single person. Individuals will often rent the space for the high definition videoconferencing to avoid traveling to a job interview or deposition.
- Rear screen projection system
- Tandberg HD videoconferencing with content sharing and multi-site licensing
- HD Eagle Eye camera on extension lift to facilitate direct eye contact with far end participants.
- BiAmp digital signal processor for crystal clear audio
- Shure table top boundary microphones for full table coverage
- Polyvision Eno interactive white board
- Denon Surround Sound audio system
- Motorized Blackout Shades
- Videssence Videoconference Lighting
- Lutron Dimming Controls
Conference Room Rental Using Videoconferencing:
Full Day $800.00 (up to 8 hours)
Half Day $500.00 (up to four hours)
Two-Hour Minimum: $400.00
Conference Room Rental Without the use of Videoconferencing:
Full Day $500.00 (up to 8 hours)
Half Day $300.00(up to four hours)