Overview: SVI Trucks builds custom command and control vehicles for fire and police emergency response. These are used for incident command applications. Technology packages for these Emergency Response Vehicles include system design, equipment procurement and AMX control programming.
These vehicles are difficult environments for electronics. In addition to extreme temperatures there are also impact and vibration concerns. Space is limited and there are multiple work stations that need to operate contiguously without interference. Fit and finish issues are critical to prevent damage to the electronics. The vehicles are often shipped out of state or out of the country so reliability is a must.
Mobile command systems have been part of Digital Roads core competency since 2004 when we began working with SVI Trucks out of Loveland Colorado. We continue to enjoy a strong working relationship with SVI today after almost ten years of working together. We have completed 21 command vehicles since 2004 and are currently working with them on several more. Wholesale materials and labor charges for these vehicles has totaled nearly a million dollars. Our technicians are all very comfortable and competent in working with mobile technology applications.
Projects have been completed on time and within budget. The most recent vehicles were delivered to the following cities and counties in the order listed below: Ventura, Honolulu, Vancouver, Douglas County, Adams County.
The technology packages for each truck varies a little but the base functionality is similar.
- Digital interview system to gather and record on scene witness interviews.
- Actuated pole mount PTZ camera on top of the truck to provide real time surveillance of the incident scene.
- Computer work stations with touch panel controls for switching media inputs and
- camera control.
- Sources include a weather station, satellite TV, live camera feed.
- Custom AMX programming provides automated control of all sources and displays.